One in four people have anxiety, and millions across the world are battling with depression. What is one of the simplest solutions to this problem, and why isn’t it discussed? How can parents help children who are “riding the dragon” of anxiety and depression? What supplements and minerals are helpful to people suffering from mood disorders? On this episode, Dr. Rob talks about how we can solve the anxiety and depression epidemic we are facing.
"There’s such a strong connection between low thyroid, low testosterone, low estrogen, low DHEA, low pregnenolone and anxiety and depression. It’s really remiss of a health practitioner to not look at these things." - Dr Rob Kominiarek
- If you’re suffering from anxiety, depression, or PTSD, you really need to have your hormones comprehensively examined.
- Neurotoxins like alcohol and drugs damage the intimate structures of the brain.
- Taking magnesium and zinc before bedtime will do a great job of alleviating anxiety and blockading NMDA receptors.
At the start of the show, Dr. Rob shared on his own journey with anxiety and depression, and how he came out of it. We discussed why mood disorders can be linked to low hormone levels and how substance abuse affects the brain. We also talked about what to do when you have a depressed child and the power of minerals like magnesium and zinc.
We also discussed:
- The connection between food sensitivity and neurologic disorders
- The importance of sleep to good mental health
- How opioids affect developing brains
So many people today are angst-ridden, overmedicated, and under-optimized, yet so few have had their hormones checked. There’s an intimate connection between loss of hormones and these disorders, and we can see mood disorders alleviated if this is addressed. The honest truth is: the solution is never an opioid. That’s like putting a band-aid on a wound gushing blood. Don’t underestimate the connection between the lack of hormones, minerals, vitamins to depression and anxiety.